Sunday, May 8, 2016

Journey, Day 28 Expecting!

Psalm 25:4&5  (a Psalm of David)
“Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, 
and my hope is in you all day long.”

Today’s journey might be a real challenge, or it might be a total delight.  It’s up to you.
Can you make these words your prayer?  Read the portion of the Psalm again. “Show me, teach me …”  These are words of expectation.  David is seriously asking his LORD to teach him what comes next.  I can almost imagine him waiting, watching, ready to write down what God tells him.  He even reminds God … “You are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”

When you ask God to show you something, listen and wait. Read his word, listen to his people and let him bring memories of hymns or Scripture to you.  Try it.  This day could be an adventure as you journey … listening and paying attention … expecting. God may give you an idea, remind you of a loved one or show you something remarkable in nature. Expect.  Enjoy.

“LORD God, I am so honored to know that you have created me to know you.  I really want that. I am watching and listening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment