Friday, May 20, 2016

JOURNEY, DAY 40 JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE

“I am weak but thou art strong
Jesus keep me from all wrong
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee

"Just a closer walk with Thee
Grant it Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to Thee
Let it be, dear LORD, let it be

"Through this world of toil and care
If I falter, LORD, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear LORD, none but Thee”

We have kept intentional company with Almighty God now for forty days. You may not realize it, but something about you has changed. When people keep company with God, something changes. Whether we raised enough money to fund Faithful Hearts for another year or not, this Journey has been a wonderful success simply because we have each
walked with God at least a little bit every day.

As you journey on this final day, be a bit introspective.  What has changed about you?  Do you notice people more?  Do you thank God more than you ask God for things?  Has your
heart softened toward the people in your life?  Do you feel that perhaps you understand the man, Jesus, a bit better? How amazing is that!? Do you want more?  ASK.

This is the beginning.  The good news is that you can walk with God Almighty every day of your life. You are welcome in his presence.  It’s a safe place. AND, I hope you know, that you are not alone.  You are part of a sisterhood that will welcome your presence, your thoughts, your prayers, your questions … ALL of it.  Let’s represent Jesus to each other well.

“LORD, you are faithful and loving and kind.  You are creative and powerful, you can heal and you can intervene in our lives when we let you.  Thank you.  Teach us how to live
lives of worship, and to share your personality with the people in our lives.”


No comments:

Post a Comment