Friday, April 22, 2016

Journey, Day 12, The devil is CRAZY

A dear, wise friend of mine shared this little bit of wisdom that she learned years ago from a mentor in her life.

"There are times we can't figure things out because the devil is crazy."

I LOVE THIS! Sometimes, especially when things are difficult for us, we waste a lot of time and mental energy asking why? That may be the wrong question.  Of course sometimes we cause ourselves difficulty by what we've done or said.  RUN to fix those things.  But other times it seems we've done everything the very best we can and the results have been pretty bad.  What then?

It would be wise for us to stop trying to make sense out of an enemy whose whole plan is to confuse people and make a mess of our relationship with God. Instead, it's wise to cling with all our might to something we  know for sure: God knows what's going on with us and his character has not changed. You are his and your strength comes from him, not from figuring out why.

Anybody have experience with this?  As you journey today (after you've thanked God for at least 20 things), thank him for being All Knowing.  Get yourself to realize that he is not fooled, ever.  Even when things are hard to figure,  God gets it.  You can rest in that.

Last month my husband and I flew to Chicago.  I didn't know how to fly a plane.  I could have tried to figure it out and worried and fretted about the whole thing, but it wouldn't have gotten me to Chicago any sooner or any safer. There was a pilot who knew what I didn't.   Know what I'm saying?  :)  Sometimes our only option is trust or don't take the trip.

"Lord God, Almighty.  You never have an off day.  You always know what goes on in my life.  Help me trust you in that."  

No comments:

Post a Comment