Monday, April 18, 2016

Journey, Day 8, Big things and little things

Romans 12:1 "Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is true worship." 

Have you ever wondered what ONE BIG THING God would like you to do with your life?  Searching for that one big thing is what keeps many of us from even noticing God's obvious answers, and the important things (which might not seem big at all) never get done.  When we focus on big things, we need to exercise extreme caution!          
BIG THINGS tend to glorify little people.   LITTLE THINGS tend to glorify God.

Consider this definition of God's calling:
 The place where God calls you is where your deep gladness meets the world's deep hunger. - (Buechner.)

This is a wonderful definition of what it means to be right where God has placed you, doing what God has created you to do.  Think about that and then use it diagnostically.
*Is my life reflecting a deep gladness because of my relationship with God?
*Does doing what I love come in direct contact with people who need what I do?      
Remember, God's desire for you is FULL LIFE.  He does not call us to misery, or to measure up.
When you seek him first, the rest comes.  You are already beloved ... nothing to prove.  Now seek to find the things about Christ that call you ... that you love about him.  BE THAT.  Seriously sisters, live as though you were made on purpose and given all you need to glorify God.

On purpose! Hmmmmm!  Now what great little thing about me have I been over-looking?"  
Take that thought on your journey today.  :)

LORD Jesus, if your creative genius has put me together on purpose, I'd like to give all that I am back to you as the only 'good' gift I actually can give.  Tell me how to do that.  Thanks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment