Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Journey, Day 16 TOTALLY NEW!

Hi ladies.
Today, I'd like you to consider what Paul told the church at Ephesus about what Jesus followers should be like.  (From the 4th chapter of Ephesians)
Expect better of yourself, for God's sake.  Be a new person. Don't talk people down, but instead offer words that they need ... that will build them up.  Be truthful.  Don't act stupidly when you're angry.  Stop taking what isn't yours and get to work on your own life.... (4:32)"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."  Walk in the way of love.  Then he adds ..."and do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God  ..."

Wow.  I know you can see the relevance of this wisdom to our world right now.
I would vote for someone who could make this happen.  I would follow someone who could set such an example. (I do.)  We begin by doing these things ourselves, and as we do, we become new women.  New!  Not fixed. Not even improved. New.  

Here's what I'm thinking. There is power in that little book of Ephesians.  It was written into a 1st century culture, but the principles are true today.  Have you ever just read it like a letter? Do that. Then do it again. Own it. It’s for you and it's amazing.

I’m praying for your sense of good and right to be honed by God's Word today, and that you will want to act like a new woman, powered by the Spirit of God.  Those nearest to you should notice without you saying a word. I'm assuming if doing wrong grieves God,  that doing right delights.  Give it your best shot.  Delight God. :)

“LORD Jesus, walk with me today.  Keep reminding me that I’m not a fixed person or even an improved version of myself … your love has made me NEW!  Help me journey today like a new person.  I’d like to delight you today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment