Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Journey, day 3 DELIGHT!

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you your heart's desire.
This isn't a verse about praying hard enough or wishing for stuff ... NO, it's way, way better than that!
What comes to mind when you think of the word DELIGHT?

My mind brings me pictures of my kids, memories of the best vacations and fantastic food! I think of mountain top views and warm sandy beaches. I think of visiting my best friend and laughing about times we have shared. I would be delighted to find my favorite jeans fitting a bit looser.  (hey, it's still early in the journey ... it may happen)

Delight is more than just okay; more than happy. Delight is an extreme pleasure. So how is it that I can delight in the LORD?  The Psalmist says that if I do, he will give me my heart's desire.
If the LORD brings me delight, wouldn't HE be my heart's desire? Is this really God saying, "Learn to totally enjoy me and I'm all yours"?

Hmmmm. Doesn't sound boring or like a chore.  As you head out today, look for 20 things to say thank you for (remember day 1),  and then ASK GOD TO DELIGHT YOU WITH HIMSELF.
Now, expect!  Watch.  Notice.
You may find you have had a flat-out great time just hanging out with God.

"Lord, I know you made me in your image.  Will you remind me today as I journey of just ONE way I bear your image?  I would love to represent you well, even just in one way.  I need you for that!
I'm asking.  AMEN"



No comments:

Post a Comment